Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September 2014 Favorites

I decided to jump on here and upload my favorites for the month of September. I haven't had any favorites for a few months, but this month I had six stand out products.

I've been focusing more on my skincare recently and I can safely say that after two months, my skin has improved greatly. I barely have breakouts anymore and if I do get one, it never peaks and disappears.

All of my favorites are skincare, but I have some new products that might be in a favorites next month. With all of the kits and palettes coming out, I am sure I will be a kid in a candy shop very soon.

*I'm writing this with a migraine and apologize for any spelling errors.



1). Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner

If you have dry, normal, sensitive skin, or rosacea, you will love this toner. I use this on days my skin feels a little irritated or needs extra hydration. I shake the bottle up, shake a few drops on a cotton pad, then gently smooth it over my skin.

Your skin will not feel greasy or heavy from this. This product soaks right in and leaves your skin feeling soft, and hydrated.

2). Yes to Carrots line

This month I am sharing the Yes to Carrots daily facial moisturizer and the cream cleanser. I LOVE this line and wish I had tried it sooner. Again, this is great if you have dry, normal, sensitive skin, and just want something to truly nourish your skin.

For starters, the cleanser is a much cheaper version of my beloved REN cleanser, and it performs just the same. My skin feels more resilient to the weather changes since I started to use this product and my skin has stayed soft much longer than it used to. I'm sure it has to do with the combination of products, but I won't be changing anything in my routine.

The nourishing daily moisturizer with SPF 15 is a great daily moisturizer for when you're not applying makeup. For me, it can be a little too much under makeup, but it is great for days when you're home, want to be protected from the sun, and have a moisturizer on. I have been wearing this most days and can tell it is a little greasy in some areas, but not unbearable.

3). Paula's Choice Clear Daily Skin Clearing Treatment 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

Between this and the next product, my skin has cleared up with the last two months of almost daily use. I apply all over my skin most nights, right after I wash my face, then I follow with a serum, and a moisturizer. I do take a break from it a few times during the week, and will sometimes apply it during the day if I feel something is brewing under my skin. I only apply a dime size amount and that is more than enough for my entire face.

I did try the trial size of the stronger version and I did not like it on my skin. It will probably work better for someone with normal to oily skin, and not someone with sensitive skin, who leans on the dry/normal side.

4). Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner

Let me start off by saying, if you have any open sores, open acne or any open cuts on your skin, do not use this on those spots, as it will sting! When you don't have any open spots on your skin, this is a refreshing toner that removes dull skin, unclogs pores, reduces blackheads, uneven tone, and won't dry out your skin. My skin is more even, my skin is smooth, I don't have that many or any blackheads, and my acne is all but cleared up. I do have hyperpigmentation from my previous acne, but this is helping to speed that up.

I use this morning or night, it varies when I will use it and the frequency. I used it morning and night when I first started to use it, but now I do not need it as much. You will need to use a good SPF during the day if you start to use this product.

5). FRESH Seaberry Exfoliating Soap

I am now on my second bar of this and had a backup waiting for over a month. I did not want to be without this product. After doing research on keratosis pilaris, I decided to pick this up, and give it a try. I used this whenever I shower all over my body and after a few uses, I could tell a difference. My KP started to disappear, the skin tone on my body evened out, my skin was softer, and more hydrated. This bar of soap has been a miracle and I hope they never discontinue it.

This lasted me about three months and I take a shower almost every night to ever other night.

1 comment:

  1. great products, the brushes look amazing :)
    lets follow eachother! just let me know and I will follow back :)

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete