Monday, August 4, 2014

Sephora Haul - VIB Rouge Reception

It's been quite sometime since I blogged last, so I am just going to jump in with this post.

This Sunday there was a VIB Rouge (yes, I am a Rouge, shame on me) closed store shopping event at certain Sephora's (you were invited via e-mail/mail and had to sign up prior). During the event, they had beauty classes, to sitting down with a Sephora rep to try out new products on you, there was a table to see products that are not released yet, and you also received a cosmetic bag filled with samples at checkout (minimum purchase of $35). I almost forgot, members also received 4x points on all purchases (for Rouge members).

**From now until August 10th, Beauty Insiders earn 2x points, VIB's earn 3x, and Rouge members earn 4x points on all purchases.

I purchased the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown & the FRESH Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil in the 0.5 fl. oz.  Samples, black cosmetic bag, and red tote all came free.

Foundation samples I requested: Smashbox Studio Skin in 1.2 & Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluid in Creme

Samples within black cosmetic bag: MUFE HD Blush in 410, Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Protect, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue perfume, Buxom Lash Mascara,  Dr. Jart Water Fuse BB, Blinc Mascara Amplified in Black,  Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm, & Benefit Watt's Up.
I thought about not going (because there wasn't anything I truly needed), but ended up going to get some help with my brows. I do not like brows at all, I know they're important, but I know how easy you can mess them up. In the past, when I have asked for assistance with the color, I was just told my color, but it was never applied. I decided this was the trip to get it applied, and color matched.

The free tote
I met with a rep Eva, who matched me up perfectly to the Anastasia color called 'Soft Brown' in both the duo powder and the brow wiz. She applied each product on a separate brow, I was able to truly see the difference between both formula's, and then pick which one I liked best (I went with the Brow Wiz). I don't normally like the twist up pencils, but it is time to step out of my comfort zone with my brows.

Top: Benefit brow kit in the lightest shade (100% WRONG for my brows)
Bottom: Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown
The Rep. continued to show me some other tips to highlight my brow and to hide some hairs that are growing out. Now, I just want to obsess over my brows, and get them shaped again. I need to let them grow out a little bit more in a few areas.

I didn't stay for any classes, but I got what I went into Sephora for, and left with brows that now have the right color for them.

What do you use on your brows? Do you have any tips or tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment