Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March Beauty Favorites 2014

April is here, which means that summer is slowly creeping up on us. I am not a summer fan, only because I live in Arizona, where it can get to 120 daily. Not a big fan of feeling like you are living in an oven. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy that on this April day, I have the windows open and a cool breeze blowing through my apartment windows. 73* is the perfect, everyday temperature, and this is what it should be daily.



This April I have some favorites to share from March & February (since I didn't do one that month). Four of my six favorites are all thanks to my wonderful sister, Elizabeth. Love you sissy face!

1). First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser 
I reviewed this not too long ago here, and if you want my thoughts you can read it there. To sum it up, I love it, it has helped to keep my acne and oily skin under control. Thanks to a gift card from my sister, I was able to purchase this in a full-size after my deluxe sample was empty.

Tarte Blush in Peaceful - Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze

2). Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Peaceful
This is a beautiful nude, peach shade with a beautiful glow to highlight your cheeks. I love peach shades on my complexion (I have way too many products that have a peach color to them), and this one just stands out from my collection. It is a softer peach shade, so it doesn't look harsh on your skin, but makes you glow. There is a lot of pigment to Tarte blushes; you only need to tap your brush in gently, and you have enough product for two cheeks.

You can use a Tarte blush for months and the pan will still look like you never used it. This will last forever!

3). Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
I have talked about this enough, but it is a beautiful cream eyeshadow in a warm, shimmery, chocolate brown color. I can throw this on my lid, blend it slightly, and be out the door. 

Top: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
Middle: Tarte Blush in Peaceful - Heavy Swatch
Bottom: Tarte Blush in Peaceful - Light Swatch
4). Shiseido Eye Lash Curler
Another thanks to my sister for the gift card, I purchased this after eyeing it for years. My old eye lash curler was from Sally Hansen and I had been using it for years. I was tired of my curler pinching my eye lashes, not getting all my lashes in, and just making my lashes look terrible. This is such a great tool to get all your lashes in, curl them, and without any pinching. My lashes stay curled longer due to this tool.

5). Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
My sister sent me the Hourglass Ambient Palette trio in December (she didn't like it), and this primer came along with it. I set it aside, not giving it a second thought, but one day I decided to give it a try. Low and behold, it was a miracle on my skin, and made my foundation wear better/longer. I noticed my skin would be less oily, my foundation wore longer, and my skin looked neutralized in the areas I can become red. The more you use it, the better and better it works on your skin.

You only need a little bit to go a long way.  It is expensive, so I would recommend going to Sephora, and asking for a sample.

6). Lush Tea Tree Water Toner Water
My sister raved about how this product helped her acne, so of course I had to go, and try it for myself.  I already loved Tea Tree Oil for my spots, but never tried it in a spray formula. I will spray this on my face in the morning, after I have washed my face and let it soak in before I follow with a moisturizer. My acne/oily skin has decreased, the tone of skin is more clear and calm. This is great if you have sensitive skin and don't want to use a mess of products from the store. 

I purchased this in the larger size, but there are smaller versions to test it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment