Thursday, March 20, 2014

First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay - Review

Over the years, I have tried numerous treatments/cleansers/masks to help control my oily t-zone. With oily/combination skin, that is also sensitive and reactive, I had my work cut out or me. "Would it dry out my face too much?" "Would my skin freak out and break out?" "Would I break out in a rash?" "Would my face turn red?" All of those concerns went through my head every time I tried a new product. I got to the point that I just stuck with products that didn't make my skin freak out. However, they didn't help my oily t-zone as much as I would like. 



I saw on Youtube that different people I was subscribed to were receiving products from First Aid Beauty from the new 'Red Clay' line of products. Of course, I didn't get too excited, because you want to see/hear how it works. I have known First Aid Beauty to be a great line of products for people with sensitive skin. Since I have sensitive skin, I have always been interested, but there never was anything that spoke to my oily skin issues, until this line launched.



I received a deluxe sample in a Sephora order I placed over a month ago, and decided to give it a try. After a week, I noticed my t-zone was less oily (which I thought was a fluke), and then after three weeks, I noticed my redness and acne had decreased by half. My skin has become less and less oily as I have used it, and it has not dried out my skin (like most oil control products do to my skin). 

This has been gentle on my skin, I feel like it is deep cleaning my skin, but without irritating it or causing breakouts. The best part for me is that it seems to have help calmed my skin (I can turn red easily from products), and my skin seems to have a balance of oil, finally. Which by balancing the sebum production has made my acne decrease (I suffer from hormonal acne).

I suggest try this first before you buy it. Go to your local Sephora, ask for a sample of it, and they will make you one to take home. Give it a try yourself and see if it works for you, too!



Product Details
- This is a gel cleanser for  people with combination to oily skin or if you are looking for a deep clean.
- Safe for sensitive skin
- It is made with Red Clay to remove toxins and Rosemary Leaf Oil and other antioxidants. 
- Made without Parabens, Sulfates, or Phthalates.
- This is a red gel cleanser and you can smell the Rosemary Leaf Oil when you use it
- It is allergy tested
- $24.50 for 4.7 oz

How I Use It
I remove my make-up with a separate cleanser, then follow with this either on my hands or Clarisonic Mia 2. I will count to 60 seconds (if I am washing with my hands) and then rinse off.

*** You do not need much of this to go far. I use a dime size amount only!

Husband Approved
My husband hates to wash his face, because he dislikes the feeling of anything left over on his skin. I had him try this and he loves it! He said he likes the smell and the fact it doesn't leave any residue on his skin afterwards. Score!! He uses it every morning in the shower and has noticed a different in his skin tone, too.


This product was purchased with my own money and my opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment