Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Divergent Limited Edition Multi-Piece Collectors Kit - Review & Swatches


Never in my life have I become such a fan girl over any book or movie. Then the 'Divergent' series by Veronica Roth entered my life, and I became an overnight fan girl. I loved everything Divergent, I have read all the books in the series, I will be watching the movie when it comes out on March 21st, and now I own the Divergent Limited Edition Multi-Piece Collector's Kit, which is exclusively sold at Sephora. 

When I saw Sephora was launching this kit, I truly wanted to buy it, but I just couldn't justify another kit for my collection. The kit ended up going out of stock on Sephora's website, and I took it as a sign I didn't need it. I did not know that the physical Sephora stores would carry it, too. This past weekend I was out shopping with my husband, we walked by a Sephora, and I stopped to look at the kit. I admired it, waved it good-bye, then my husband did the un-thinkable. He took it upon himself to grabbed this kit and proceed to the checkout counter. Needless to say, I only protested internally, and skipped happily up to the counter with him. When I came home, I opened it all up and started to swatch everything. To my surprise, almost every color (except three), exceeded my expectation with the pigment, and longevity. 

I had to use eye make-up remover to remove the eyeshadow (which I never do), and all the face products (blush, highlight and bronzer), wore flawlessly. The double-ended brush is good quality, but nothing I will be reaching for on a daily basis. Without a doubt, I am glad to have this in my collection. 

This entire kit is wearable for me, because every color is what I would wear day to day or day to night. The palette has everything you need for a full face of color and is well worth the $59.50. **It is out of stock online, but I would check your local Sephora stores.



What does the kit include:
- A double ended brush - one side is an angled blush brush and the other is a fluffy eyeshadow brush
- Four lip glosses
- Three eye shadow palettes, with five eyeshadows
- One face palette containing two blushes, a highlight and a bronzer
-Plus, three get-the-look cards with day/night looks for each eyeshadow palette.



My only dislikes were for the three shades that had ZERO pigment to them (which you will see in the swatches). One was the gloss in 'Temptations Choice', the eyeshadow in the Abnegation Palette called 'Transform', and the eyeshadow in the Erudite Palette called 'Choose'. Besides those three, I loved every other color in this kit.

Now, enough of me writing, and I will post all the pictures and swatches below!

L to R - (sorry not in the same order as swatch, don't know what happened)
Fear Not, Natural Virtue, Supreme Ritual, Temptation's Choice


L to R - (sorry not in the same order as above, don't know what happened)
Natural Virtue, Supreme Natural, Temptations Choice, Fear Not

Abnegation Eye Palette
L to R: Transform, Bold Espresso, Intrepid Moss, Golden Honesty, Altruistic Almond


Abnegation Eye Palette
L to R: Transform, Bold Espresso, Intrepid Moss, Golden Honesty, Altruistic Almond
Dauntless Eye Palette
L to R: Diverge, Dauntless Ink, Abnegation Stone, Erudite Sapphire, Serene Vanilla

Dauntless Eye Palette
L to R: Diverge, Dauntless Ink, Abnegation Stone, Erudite Sapphire, Serene Vanilla
Erudite Eye Palette
L to R: Choose, Burnt Mahogany, Radiant Initiation, Peaceful Shimmer, Humble Sheen

Erudite Eye Palette
L to R: Choose, Burnt Mahogany, Radiant Initiation, Peaceful Shimmer, Humble Sheen
Divergent Cheek Palette
L to R: Obscure Coral, Misty Rose, Gleaming Pearl, Intelligent Bronze

Divergent Cheek Palette
L to R: Obscure Coral, Misty Rose, Gleaming Pearl, Intelligent Bronze


3 comments:

  1. I really like the looks of this. I like how most of it is pretty neutral. I wonder, is the Transform and Choose eyeshadow more of a thing to 'transform' the other colors in the palette? To perhaps put over, or under the other shadows to changed the look? Their names sort of suggest that, but I'm not sure if that goes along with the series and if it would be fitting or not. Seems like everything else is such good pigmentation, that they wouldn't have let a couple shades slip through as pretty much sheer. I know most palettes have a shade or so that aren't so great though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked it up, and the single eye shadow is a Gloss Transforming eyeshadow that you can use to change the look of the other shadows, so that's why there is little pigment. They are meant to be used with and over the other eyeshadow shades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to put that on top of different shades (I thought the same thing) and it did nothing different to the other colors I tried. I tried it on my hand and on my eye (I was hoping it would work on my eyes), but that sometimes happens with palettes. There is always a shade or two that doesn't perform, but it could work for someone else. I have only tried it with one eye primer, so maybe it needs a better primer?

    ReplyDelete