Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Products I Have Used Up (more from the end of 2013) Part 1

I have been meaning to do this since the end of 2013, but I forgot about it. Well, I didn't forget, I just didn't want to take the pictures for this blog, because my camera makes everything look terrible. I decided this past week that I am buying a camera this upcoming weekend, so hopefully, I can stop using my phones camera to take my blog pictures.

On to the blog post, I love to watch empty video's on Youtube; it is always fun to see what someone loved, what someone re-purchased, and what is not worth trying. I am going to briefly share my thoughts on each product and if I have, if I would/would not re-purchase the product.

All the opinions of each product are from my experience, a product may not work for me, but it might work for you. Part 1 is being posted today and Part 2 will be posted tomorrow.


Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash - YES, I have already re-purchased
I love this stuff, it cleans off all my makeup (yes, eye makeup too), it doesn't dry my skin out, it doesn't irritate my skin, and it does everything cause me to break out. My skin never feels dried out after using it (I have combination skin), and I have zero complaints. Plus, it is less than $10.

Philosophy Purity Cleanser - NO
I re-tried this stuff because everyone loves it. After using my Purpose cleanser, this just seemed too chemically for my skin, and didn't wash my face as well. I will be sticking with my Purpose cleanser.

Perricone MD Blue Plasma - Yes, I have already re-purchased
I use this every night after I wash my face, I apply 2-3 drops in my hand, then spread it all over my face/neck. It dries within a minute, then you follow with your moisturizer/treatments. I love this stuff it has made my pores smaller, my hyper-pigmentation has decreased, and the dry patches around my nose and mouth have disappeared. The lines on my forehead are less noticeable, too.


Skindinavia Bridal Makeup Finish Spray - Yes/No - I repurchased this in the original formula
I love this, it is worth the money, and helps your make-up wear longer. It controls shine, which means you have less touch up's through the day. There are difference version to try out, and I am trying the original formula now.

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream - No, I would re-purchase it in the future.
I love this for when my combination skin is irritated by the weather or other products. I will use it at night as a moisturizer, it won't irritate and it helps soothe my skin. If you have such sensitive skin, this would be great for you, but not for the daytime, as it is rather greasy. This would be perfect for someone who is sensitive with dry skin.

DERMAdoctor Wrinkle Revenge Eye Balm - No, I would NOT re-purchase
This did nothing to my eye area at all, in fact, I feel like it dried it out a little. Not worth the price tag.

Origins GinZing Eye Cream - Yes, I would re-purchase it
I loved this eye cream! It has a slight tint to it to help cover up dark circles and it helps reduce puffiness around your eyes. This was well worth the money when my eyes did NOT look good.  I used every drop of this product and would consider buying this in the future. For now, I am fine with just a simple eye cream.


Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil - YES, I have already re-purchased
I apply this after my Perricone MD Blue Plasma every night. I will put 3-4 drops in my hand, then press this all over my face and around my eyes. This nourishes my skin, helps my skin from drying out, I think this has had a positive effect on my skin tone. This is my second bottle and I will never be with out it.

Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum - No
I purchased this last Summer when my skin was dried out, I applied it as direct, used it under my moisturizer, as a moisturizer, used it for over a month, and saw no difference from this product. I later moved on to other products that fixed my issue, but this was a waste for me.

Glam Glow Youth Mud Sample Size - Yes, I would re-purchase
I wanted to try this mask out, but didn't want to pay for the full-size version. I saw at Sephora they have this sample size for $19 (full-size is over $65), so I decided to give this a try. You only need a thin layer, but you feel it tingling all over, your skin starts to tighten, and when you look in the mirror you can see all the excess oil being pulled from your face. It tightens, removes excess oil, exfoliates, and brightens your skin. I loved it, but I would only buy this in the sample size.

Sukiface Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser - Yes, I would re-purchase
I loved the way this starts off as an exfoliator and that changes into a foaming cleanser. It feel great on the skin, doesn't irritate it, has a wonderful lemon scent, and is made with natural sugar. If you are looking for a new cleanser or exfoliator, I would give this a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment