Thursday, February 6, 2014

Five Favorites for January 2014 **late**

Hello Dolls! I am trying to get back in the swing of things with my blog, and wanted to try to get up my January Favorites (even though it is late). Here are the five favorites of January and one regret.



1). Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette - Specifically the Incandescent shade
My sister gave this to me back in November, I have used it off/on, but most recently I have been using the middle shade for my highlight. I absolutely love this for my highlight as it is not chalky, glides on smooth, and provides just enough of a glow that doesn't look too much for daily use.

2). Too Faced Chocolate Solei Matte Bronzing Powder with Real Cocoa in Milk Chocolate
I stopped using this a long time ago, but re-discovered it recently due to the #3 favorites for the month. The reason I stopped using it is because I could not get any color pay off. I discovered the brush I was using just didn't work with this product. After picking up a new brush, I fell in love with this again, and have been using it ever since. I love the color and that it can last all day long without fading. Plus, it smells like chocolate!!!

3). ELF Kabuki Face Brush
As stated above, I love this brush with my bronzer. I light tap this into the product and it applies evenly all over my face. It picks up just enough product, and not too much that you get too much on your face. For $6, this brush is a win in my book and the only bronzer brush I use now.

4). Jose Maran Argan Oil Light
When I first tried tried this, I thought it was too heavy for my oily skin, but I learned I needed to use a bit less, and give it a good 10 minutes to soak in. I put two drops in my hand, then spread it evenly all over my face (even under my eyes). For the first week, I need to let it soak in longer, but my skin started to adjust to this product. Little by little it was absorbing in faster and then I noticed my face wasn't as oily as it normally is. This product has reduced my oily skin by 50%, I don't notice my chin or nose being as oily, and I don't need to blot as much.

I already re-purchased this in a larger size (actually a kit on Sephora site that I will share next).

5). Clinique Chubby Stick in Mega Melon
*I received this in a 500 point perk from Sephora
This is the only color I wore all of January and I have been wearing it everyday this February. I love the color, the wear time, and that it doesn't have a smell to it. Not to mention it feels light on my lips, but has a ton of color pay off. My issue with many lip products is the smell that it can leave behind, but this has zero scent to it.

My fail of the month is the L'OREAL Magic nude Liquid Powder. I did NOT like the way this felt on my skin, it felt really greasy, took forever to transfer from a liquid to a powder, and it seemed to have zero coverage at all. Not to mention the packaging is terrible for such a liquidity product. It runs everywhere and if you are not careful, it will pour all over you. Not a fan at all, and I will be returning this to Ulta.


1 comment: