Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Products that 'Rocked My World' in 2013

I have been loving the 'Best of Beauty 2013' on Youtube lately and it reminded me I need to share mine. I won't go into full details on every product, because it would just make this a long, and boring blog post. I will save full details for a future blog post.

The following are products that 'Rocked My World' for 2013. Meaning, they are my favorites, they are products are reached for often, loved and would re-purchase. Most products were discovered this past year and some could be re-discovered products.

As always, if you have any thoughts or questions, please comment below :)




Products from top to bottom, left to right.

NARS - Translucent Crystal Light Reflecting Setting Powder - Pressed

Hourglass - Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light - (as you can see, this as been well loved and I will be re-purchasing it when I run out (which might be soon)). 

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation (Shade 1.0) - I did not love this at first, but it grew on me overtime. Especially during the Summer when I could not stand a heavy/thick foundation. The formula is thin, provides great coverage, matte, and just lets your skin glow without being dewy.

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in NC15 & C2 Yes, I have two of these, I love this powder and wear it as a foundation on extremely hot days in Arizona. This was my #1 foundation in July & August. If I wasn't wearing the UD foundation, I was wearing this foundation, because everything else would just melt off, lol.

NARS blush in Orgasm 

NYX HD Photogenic Concealer - This is hands down the best under eye concealer I have ever used. I was having issues with concealers settling under my eyes, tried this out and I do not have that issue anymore. Plus, it is like $4 at Ulta, I use it everyday (a good amount of it) and have not run out.

NARS Bronzer in Laguna - I just finished my first mini version of this (it lasted a year) and this is my other mini of this bronzer. 

Clinique Eyeshadow duo in Starlight Starbright

NYX  Eyeshadow in True Taupe - I didn't wear much eye shadow this year, when I did, it was mostly this product, and the previous eyeshadow.


Benefit POREfessional Prime - A friend was nice enough to send me a bunch of small samples of this, used it one day, it filled in my pores, made a soft/matte canvas for my foundation and have been using it ever since. The mini samples lasted so long that I didn't buy a full size until a few weeks ago.



Carmex Everyday Healing Lip Balm

Christian Dior Creme De Rose - For most of the year, I wore this balm and the previous balm more than 50% of the time. If I was going out, I would line my lips with a lip liner, fill them in and then top with a balm. I would wear a gloss sometimes, but for the most part, this is what I wore.


Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash - If you use Philosophy Purity cleanser, then you need to go out and try this. This does everything that cleanser does, except there is no smell, it is extremely gentle, will not dry your face out, it will remove all of your make-up, and it is less than $8. I needed something really gentle when my skin was irritated, I found this at Ulta, and I have not stopped using it since then.



Mario Badescu Aloe Lotion

Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser - The most gentle exfoliator!

Perricone MD Blue Plasma - I use this every night, it has changed my skin and I will never be without it. It also lasts forever!

Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil - I apply this on top of the Blue Plasma, the two products combined have helped my skin tone, helped to diminish my acne hyper-pigmentation, and has made my skin less irritated/dried out. 

Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion - I use this on my face/neck if my skin is irritated from the weather or just hormonal issues. If my psoriasis acts up, I use this to treat it, and within a day I can see a difference.



Psssst. Instant Dry Shampoo - It was just a favorite dry shampoo for the year, easy to brush out and really soaks up the oily in my roots on days I don't wash my hair.

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment - I use this every time I wash my hair, I apply it either all over or just on the ends. My hair is not dried out from the dry climate in Arizona, it is nourished, healthy, and I have no breakage. 

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try the macadamia oil and maybe the blue plasma.

    ReplyDelete