Saturday, December 14, 2013

LORAC Limited Edition Rockin' Red Hot Lip Gloss Collection - Quick review, swatch and thoughts on the set

Hello Everyone! It has been far too long since I blogged and it is about time I got to it.

I rarely buy any high-end lip products, because I don't find anything high-end to be worth the money. I can get the same look from a drugstore product (which you can do with many products), but that is just an area I don't splurge in. Around the end of October, I was in my local Sephora inside JcPenney store waiting on a store associate to make me a sample. As I was waiting/browsing, I came to a display of lip glosses and saw a shade from LORAC that caught my eye (I do not know the name 100%, but I believe it was Peach Lustre). I swatched a little on my hand, but before I tested it, the store associate handed me my sample, and I left the mall.


When I got to my car, I realized I had lip gloss on my hand and no issue to wipe it off. I ended up just rubbing it onto my lips with the expectation of just dealing with it, even if I didn't like it. Immediately after applying it, I stopped myself, looked in the mirror and fell in love. Not only did I love the hint of color on my lips, it didn't feel like the normal sticky lip gloss. It felt smooth, hydrating, but it felt thick enough to last without caking up on my lips. 

Shades left to right
Rock n' Roll, You Rock, Rock On, Rock Star, Easy Rock, Rock It

After waiting to purchase the gloss during the Sephora VIB sale, I ended up seeing this kit of SIX glosses (also containing a shade that looked similar to the one I tested). The entire kit is sold for $27!!!!They're all full size, with a brush applicator, with fake little jewels all over the handle. 


Shades left to right (with flash)
Rock n' Roll, You Rock, Rock On, Rock Star, Easy Rock, Rock It
**Sorry my hands are dry :(

The Good
~Paraben-free
~Contain antioxidants of Acai Berry, Pomegranate, Grape Seed and Vitamins A, C & E. 
~Smooth, not sticky
~Long wearing (3-4 hours unless  eating or drinking)
~A little thick, but not bad at all
~Smells like cotton candy (at least to me, but the scent fades)
~Feels hydrating on your lips
~When it wears off it doesn't leave a color and it doesn't dry out your lips

The Bad
~Is a brush applicator (I don't hate it, but it isn't my favorite)

Shades left to right (no flash)
Rock n' Roll, You Rock, Rock On, Rock Star, Easy Rock, Rock It

All of these colors are wearable for everyone, it just depends on your coloring, and how pigmented your lips are. Four of the glosses have shimmer to them and the other two do not. I love them all, but my two favorites are 'Rock n' Roll' and 'Rockstar'.  I wear them alone, but you can layer in on top of a lipstick.

For $27 for a collection valued at $90, you cannot go wrong with this collection.

Link to Sephora for LORAC Rockin' Red Hot Lip Gloss Collection



3 comments:

  1. Lovely Blog!

    Following you now :)

    Please follow back as well will really appreciate it <3

    xoxo

    Red Alice

    http://www.redraoalice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've yet to try ANYTHING from Lorac sadly. And my local Sephora doesn't carry their products anymore. Rock on is pretty!

    ReplyDelete