Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Favorites 2013

It is August tomorrow, which means it is time for July Favorites! I know I haven’t blogged much, but once we are moved, I will be blogging often. I have so much to talk about, but for now, I have my favorites for July.

In July, I started to use all of these products for the first time. This is rare for me to fall in love with not just one, but five products in a short time. Three of the products I love are from reading another blog, by a woman who has the same skin issues as I do; cystic acne prone on the chin and combination skin.  The first three products I am going to share are the products I learned from another blogger.



1). La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel
This is a cleanser for oily or acne prone skin. It works to balance out your sebum, without drying your skin. If you are oily, you know there are products that can dry out your skin, which will then cause your skin to produce more oil. I have found that my skin is far less oily, less dry (I have combination skin) in the area’s I typically experience dryness, and my skin is less irritated. I use this every morning, and almost every night, but I do use another cleanser before this to remove my make-up.
*This is free of Parabens and Alcohol.

2). Origins Zero Oil Moisturizer
This is my favorite moisturizer of all time, and I know it is crazy to say, but it really is. Typically a moisturizer for me is either too moisturizing for the daytime or it is not moisturizing enough. With it being Summer, the last thing you want is a heavy moisturizer or layers of products on your skin (toner, serum, moisturizer, SPF).

 I will wash my face, put on an eye cream and then just this moisturizer. I still have a little bit of oil that comes through by the end of the day, but nothing like it was before. This will soak in right away, leaving your skin feels soft and not greasy.  My skin feeling balanced, moisturized, oil controlled and this has not caused me to break out. In fact, between this, the cleanser and the next product, my acne and skin tone have improved.


MAC Studo Fix Powder Plus Foundation in shade C2
3). MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in shade C2
I do not know where to start with this, except to say that I haven’t used a powder foundation in over four years. I ordered this from Nordstrom (free shipping, free returns, uh YEAH), and the day it arrived, I was in love. I have been wearing this foundation every single day, and won’t even put on my liquid foundations anymore. Using my ELF Powder brush, I apply this is small downward strokes, starting in the center of my face and working out. This covers everything, redness, acne, pores (eh, not on my nose that well, a primer can help that), and it leaves a matte finish. This stays all day in the Vegas heat, without looking cakey or melting off.

I do use a finishing spray with it, to set my foundation and to take some of the powdery look away. I love this because it is so light on my skin, it feels like nothing and I don’t have to worry about it melting away.

4). Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion
This is an overnight spot treatment for cystic acne or acne clusters. The trick with this is you shake up the bottle, apply it at night after you have cleansed and moisturized. You apply a thin layer on anywhere you feel a cystic lump is coming and then you go to bed. Within 24 hours, that lump will decrease or just stop growing all together. You do NOT apply this two nights in a row, this is a strong product and it will dry your skin with over use.

I used this two nights ago on a lump above my eyebrow, today there is nothing there, but a tiny little lump you can’t even see. If you have cystic acne, I highly recommend you pick this up from Ulta or Nordstrom. It was just over $10, and it is well worth getting.




5). Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Splendor
I have had this for quite awhile, but I never used it because I thought it had too much shimmer to it. I pulled this out of my collection this month and have been wearing it daily. This is a golden coral blush with shimmer, it reminds me of Nars Orgasm, but this stays on my skin longer. This is in a sample size I got in a holiday kit last year, I am not sure if you can get it on its own. If you have Nars Orgasm, then I wouldn’t run out to get it.


1 comment:

  1. I've been using that cleanser lately and it's so amazing! Love the look of the Tarte blush too :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete