Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Five Beauty Favorites of May 2013

Wow, it is June already? I cannot believe it is June and that we’re not at over 100 degree’s here in Vegas. Blah. Even though June is one of our hot months, it is one of my favorite months in the year. This June, our Vizsla Bailey will be turning FIVE, and this June, Travis and I will have been married for FIVE years. Crazy right?

We’re all moved into our temporary home, and shortly I will start looking for a new place in hell… uh, I mean, Arizona.

This month I found a few new favorites and have been giving some extra love to some older favorites of mine.


All products were purchased by me.

1). Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash
A few weeks ago, I was looking for a replacement face wash for my Origins Cheeks and Balances. I do enjoy the Origins product, but for the price, I couldn’t justify a re-purchase. At Ulta, I was looking for something gentle, that I could use every day, it wouldn’t dry out my skin and it could remove make-up. This product does all of that and doesn’t leave a film behind on your face. It is gentle, but very effective at removing even long-wear make-up, and it rinses off with a few splashes of water.

I will be re-purchasing this in the future, especially because it was only around $5-6 for 6 fl oz. of product.

2). Skindinavia Bridal Make-up Finish Spray
This is a re-purchase for me and I’ve loved it for over a year now. I do have the Urban Decay setting sprays, but for some reason the Skindinavia Bridal Spray version just works better for me. This spray holds my make-up, without drying out my skin or making it too matte. It makes my skin have a luminous finish without looking oily.

*For summer my combination skin switches to oily and this still works for me.


3). Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-hour Primer with SPF 30
I use this as my sunscreen for my face, I use it to brighten my complexion and it gives just a slight amount of coverage to my skin. The coverage is very light, but it sort of blurs imperfections and makes the pores around your nose invisible. I do enjoy it, but it is not something that is going to control oil on your skin. I do not use this as a primer for my foundation. I just use this when I am going to be bare faced and want sunscreen protection with a little bit of coverage,

4). NARS Bronzer in Laguna
I finally hit pan on this mini version!! I have had this mini since LAST summer and have an extra mini waiting to be used. I just keep coming back to this bronzer, even though I have so many others to choose from. It is not matte, but I do use it to warm up my very pale complexion.

Nars  Laguna - See I hit pan!!

5). Maybelline Baby Lips in Melon Mania

Melon Mania is a limited edition product.

I love this for when I want to moisturize my lips and give just a slight hint of pink to my lips. It smells delicious on, feels great on my lips and the hint of color makes this a must have this summer.

In the summer, I do not like a heavy lip, so this is perfect to give you some color, without feeling heavy.

2 comments: