Friday, May 24, 2013

Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner with Brush - Swatch & Review


For Memorial Day weekend, Tarte is offering 15% off your order and free shipping, with the code MDAY (except for items on sale). I thought this would be the perfect time to talk about a Tarte product I recently purchased.

I am a big fan of eyeliners in a gel or cream formula, I prefer to use a brush and shape the formula into how I want it to look. Don’t get me wrong, I have plenty of pencil eyeliners, I just reach for gel/cream eye liners more. During an Ulta trip, I noticed that Tarte now has the Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner with Double-Ended Brush.  I purchased this in the shade ‘brown’ because it best matched my MAC Fluidline in Dipdown (which recently dried up).


The shade brown’ is a deep, matte, chocolate color, which is my color preference for liner. You can purchase this in five different shades of bronze, green, black, indigo and plum.

Top: Domed brush
Bottom: Pointed brush (blah)
The kit comes with a double-ended brush; one side is a thin, pointed brush that is best used for making a thin line and the other is a domed, flat brush to make a thicker line. I prefer the domed side, because I can get a more precise line with a brush like that. For me, an eyeliner brush needs to be soft, but firm at the same time. My favorite eyeliner brush is an old Chanel brush (discontinued) and this Tarte domed brush is the closest I have found to being a dupe.

Domed brush
Using the brush that comes with the Tarte eyeliner, it makes putting on eyeliner easy. I was shocked after my first application, because it took me only seconds to get the perfect line.  Usually, I have to go back over to perfect the line, but this time there was nothing more to do.  The product was true to color, easy to use and did not make a mess at all. I would give it a few minutes to set, but other than that, you do not need to do much to make it work.

Pointed brush
This kit is perfect if you are new to lining your eyes or if you just want something easy to do every morning. It will last all day long, it will not move, but it will come off easily when you need it to.  

I love this formula so much, that I am considering buying this in the black shade, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment