Thursday, May 2, 2013

Five Beauty Favorites of April 2013


I did not blog much in April because we have been packing up our home, getting ready to move and there are some other personal things going on. We’re officially moving this weekend to our temporary home for 3 months. After that, we’re moving again and I hope we don’t have to move again for a few years.

That being said, I am taking some time out of my day, to not panic over packing (like a crazy person), and I am going to blog some of my favorites this month.

Picking my April favorites was a little hard for me this month, because of the Sephora Chic Week products (haul here) and other products I re-discovered while packing, I had to really think about what stood out to me in April. I ended up with five products that I used since I purchased them or for all of April.



*All products were purchased with my own money.

1). Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (Review here)
I LOVE this brush!! It is so soft, but dense enough to give you great coverage. It buffs your makeup in so easily, that it feels like you don’t really have to work at it. I want to get my hands on more of the Real Technique brushes.

2). MAC Fix+
I have had this for well over a year, but I haven’t used it for quite sometime. The matte look has been a favorite of mine lately, but when you add in face powder, bronzer and blush, you can begin to look a little powdery. After I apply my powder products, I will spray this all over and it will just melt everything together. The powdery look is gone and my skin has a glow (but still is matte).

Please note that this is NOT a setting spray.

3). Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15 in Soft Porcelain
This goes in hand with #2. I bought this because everyone loves this powder for many different uses, a foundation, a setting powder and to add dimension to your face. I will go into more detail later, but sometimes after you put foundation on, your face will look flat. This buffed all over gives you a little more coverage, but it adds a glow to your skin and makes you look perked up. The magic of the powder is when you buff; the more you buff this in the better it looks.

4). NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Light 2 Vanilla
I have not bought a high-end concealer for years, so when I purchased this, I had high expectations. This product lived up to every single expectation I had for it and then some. It is creamy, medium/full coverage, does not settle into lines, blends in easily, provides a glow under your eyes without making your dark circles look bad and wears all day long.

This is worth the price and a little goes a long way.

5). NYX Lip Liner in Nude Pink
Anytime I wore a lipstick or gloss in April, it was almost always with this lip liner. It is a beautiful warm pink; it applies easily to your lips and makes every lip color stand out a little bit more.

I am not a big fan of lip liners, but I really enjoy this one and how well it wears for me.

That is all I have for this month, I don’t know how much I will be blogging this month either. I think after we’re settled into our new apartment, I will start writing more reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment