Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - Review


As some of you may know, until now, my favorite foundation brush was the Sigma F84 brush. Almost two weeks ago, I used my Ulta 20% coupon and purchased a few items, one of which was the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush ($8.99).


Real Techniques is a brand created by Samantha Chapman, a Pro Makeup Artist and she has Youtube channel called Pixiwoo. You can purchase this line of brushes at Ulta.

I decided to try out this brush because everyone seems to be raving about this line, and now I know why. I am going to list what I love about this brush below.

  
Pro
-       It is so soft that it feels like butter on your skin
-       It does not pull your skin when you blend in
-       It does not absorb your products (my brush still looks clean after multiple uses). I have used close to 50% less product when using this brush.
-       It is dense enough to give your great coverage and blends well, while still remaining soft.
-       Blends in foundation easier/faster than my other brush/sponge.
-       It has a flat base, which makes the brush stand up and you don’t need to lay it down anywhere.

Con
-       They need more brushes in this line

I absolutely LOVE this brush, I love how soft it is, I love how it blends in easily and that it stand up by itself. This is great if you do your makeup in the bathroom, but don’t want it to touch any germy surfaces or roll away.

Real Technique brushes are on sale at Ulta for
Buy 1 Get 1 50% off right now. I highly recommend this brush to anyone in need of a good foundation brush. For $8.99, you’re getting a high quality brush, at a drugstore price.

I have used this brush with the following foundations and I had no issues with it:

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation
Smashbox  Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24hr
Stila  Natural Finish Oil-Free
Stila Stay All Day

3 comments:

  1. I just bought mine yesterday with the 20% off! Gotta love coupons! I'm going to try it today, but I completely forgot about the buy one get one half off I should have picked up another brush...

    ReplyDelete
  2. they sell them at walmart in Canada ! i wanna pick them up asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently got this brush and am sooo excited to use it!! great post!

    pinkleopardlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete