Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Five Beauty Favorites of March 2013


Another month has ended and it is time for March Favorites. I want to get this blog post up fast because I want to watch last nights RHOBH re-union episode. I have to say I love all the Real Housewives franchises. I could watch every episode over and over and never be bored. It is my guilty pleasure and my husband always makes fun of me for it, ha ha. With some of my favorite shows coming back starting this April, I am going to be “Happy, Happy, Happy".

Some of my favorite shows that are either starting this month or in the next few months:

Veep
Mad Men
Don’t Be Tardy
Real Housewives of New Jersey
True Blood – Droooooooool Eric Northman!!!

Okay, okay, enough about my favorite shows, we need to talk about some beauty products!!! I will be posting a more in-depth review on each product soon.



1). Michael Todd True Organics – Organic Lemon AHA + DMAE Toner - $18
I bought this at the beginning of the month to help clear my skin and to help any hyperpigmentation I have from previous breakouts. I have sensitive skin, this did not bother me and I have notice a positive improvement in my complexion.

2). Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light - $45
This line of powders from Hourglass is supposed to re-create the effect that different types of lighting can have on your skin. There are six different powders to choose from depending on what type of effect you want. I purchased the ‘Diffused Light’ because it is supposed to reduce redness and give the skin clarity. This does exactly that and I have used it as my last step of my routine, everyday that I wear make-up.

3). Benefit ‘One Hot Minute’ -$30
I have had this for a year and just now started to use it, ha ha. I have been wearing this as my bronzer, after seeing a girl on YT use it that way, and I have been loving it all month. It is perfect for my very fair complexion.

4). Simple Soothing Eye Balm - $6.98
This was purchased on clearance at Target because I wanted an eye cream that would sooth/moisturize my eye area. This is not designed for wrinkle prevention; it is supposed to help replenish the eye are with moisture without being heavy. This is perfect to use during the day under your make-up and it doesn’t irritate your eye area.

5). Philosophy ‘ Full of Fortune Cookie’ gloss  - $10
This is another product I purchased a year ago and I have just started to love, too. I am in love with this product, so much so that I want to get even more Philosophy lip products. The ‘Full of Fortune Cookie’ gloss was limited edition, but you can get it in a kit at Sephora. In my opinion, it is the best smelling lip-gloss on the market. On the label it says “high-flavor orange almond fortune cookie lip shine” and it smells EXACTLY like a fortune cookie. Plus, you get almost 2x the product in this lip-gloss, than you do with many other lip products and it wears well, too. 

2 comments:

  1. I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award! Check it out! http://beautybytarab.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete