Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sonia Kashuk Eye On Neutral Palette - Review & Swatch



What: Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral Palette -02
Where: Target
Price: $19.99 (broken down to $1.66 per shade)
Details: 12 shades of neutral matte eye shadow colors

For months, I have been trying to find this palette at my local Target store. I knew I could order it online, but it wasn’t something that I needed to have asap. I decided if it was meant to be, I would see it one day and then I would know. Well, as luck would have it, a few days prior I was mailed a $3 off $15 beauty coupon for Target and then found this palette during my next trip to Target. Various people have mentioned that this palette had been hard to find at their stores, so I jumped for it, even though I am in a no-buy.

I have watched numerous Youtube video’s of beauty guru’s hauling or using this palette in a their video’s and knew this was a must have (at least for me). When Urban Decay launched the Naked Basic’s eye shadow palette, I wanted to buy it, but was holding on for this palette. I knew I wanted some everyday matte colors, but I wanted a variety and not just six colors.


The palette is in a sleek, flat, matte black packaging, with clear black overlooking all twelve shades. The palette opens up and lies flat, with no mirror. The product description states there are step-by-step instructions in the palette, but there are no instructions. I think this label was meant for the old packaging that had step-by-step cards for different eye looks.


As you can see, all twelve shades are very wearable and very matte. They’re a little powdery, but not too much to cause fall out. The shadows are easy to blend in, feel soft and have good pigmentation. They also wear well and are one of the few matte shades that show up without a primer. Obviously, it will look better and last longer with a primer, but I can make it work without a primer too.

All in all, this is a great palette if you like matte colors. This palette is easy to wear and doesn’t take up much space. I think this is a great palette for anyone with a large make-up collection, to someone new to the world and wants something easy to use.

2 comments:

  1. This is definitely a me palette. I cant wait to finally try out this brand. Target is opening up across the street from my home any day now. Cant wait:) xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This palette looks awesome! Those colours are definitely something I would wear and it's matte! :D Hopefully I can find this palette because I've NEVER seen this at my Target

    ReplyDelete