Saturday, March 2, 2013

Product Empties - Skincare

My plans for the day were ruined, so I decided to do a blog post on products I have used up. I enjoy videos and blog posts on empties because I like to see what someone else uses up and if they would re-purchase the product (or purchase it based on the sample).

This is not going to go in-depth on each product, I may do a more in-depth review on specific products I think need more of an explanation, or if someone requests more information on a specific product.

The products I have used up are not just from just this month, this is a collection of empties from many, many, months and I have been saving them to do a empties blog post. I thought I didn’t have enough products, but as I searched my home, I was shocked that I was part hoarder with my empty containers.

Due to the amount of empties, I broke this up into two parts, skincare and cosmetics (cosmetics is going to be in a separate post).


Would I Re-Purchase?

Kate Somerville Anti Bac Clearing Lotion - $39 Sephora
No - It is too expensive, it worked but not enough to justify a $39 price tag. I don’t remember it drying out my skin, which is an upside to an acne treatment product.

Estee Lauder Nutritious Purifying 2-in-1 Foam Cleanser - $25 Nordstrom
No - I was talked into this at Nordstrom because I was trying to find a good cleanser for my acne (this was a year ago, lol). I used it for a little bit, but I felt like it didn’t clean my face that well. Plus, it has a strong scent to it that is almost perfume like and didn’t enjoy using it.

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed - $22 Nordstrom
Yes - I had this in a sample size, loved it and purchased the full-size (almost a year ago). This was gentle on my face, it cleaned my face without drying it out, it had a soft fresh scent to it and I never had a bad reaction to it.

Origins Out of Trouble mask - $23 Sephora
Yes - I enjoyed this mask, it helped when my skin was oily and I was breaking out.

Dial Nutri Skin Replenishing Lotion for Extra Dry Skin - $4ish dollars at Walgreens
No - It is not that I didn’t enjoy this lotion, I just I have so much more to use and I am always trying out new lotions.



Atralin & Aczone – Cost is whatever your insurance covers or coupon you have
HELL NO - They’re the worst products that I have ever tried and would rather have acne than use this again. One day, I will make a post with a picture of how bad it was, but I need to find the courage to do so.

Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Eye Cream - $20 Ulta
No – Burned my eyes if they were even slightly dry. It didn’t bother me when they were not dry, but for $20 I didn’t notice a difference.

Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream - $30 Sephora
YES – I got this sample from a 500 point perk from Sephora and enjoyed using this everyday. It gave a little color to my eye area, it de-puffed, hydrated and it did exactly what it is described to do for your eye area.

Chanel Ultra Correction Line Repair Eye Cream -$85 Nordstrom
Yes & No – I had many samples of this eye cream and enjoyed using it on my eye area. I did see a difference around my eyes and my lines became less deep and more evened out. That being said, it is too expensive for my budget to purchase a full-size product.

Murad Time Release Retinol Concentrate for Deep Wrinkles - $65 beautybar.com
Yes – This was a sample from my Sample Society box; I started to notice a difference in my eye area, but then ran out of product. I would like to try the full-size in the future, when my budget can handle a $65 eye cream. 


Click on the 'Join This Site' button and follow my blog for future posts and giveaways. Once I reach 50+ subscribers, I will be doing a giveaway for my subscribers.

- I do have some goodies picked out (a beauty tool), which will only be available to my subscribers. It will be my way of thanking them for supporting me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment