Monday, March 25, 2013

Maybelline Color Whisper in Rose of Attraction - Swatch



I was a little bitter this weekend after driving to three stores and not locating the limited edition Revlon lip butters. On Targets website, you can actually see the limited edition butters and it will tell you if any stores near you have them available. A store close to me, said it was in stock, but they didn’t have a display anywhere in their store. Neither did Walgreens and CVS. This is why I miss Rite Aid; they always had brand new products displayed out before I knew they were out. It is not a big deal, I just wanted to see them in person and check out any new collections.

Anyways, I decided to use my $1 off Maybelline coupon and buy another Maybelline Color Whisper. As you probably know, I am obsessed with this line of lip products. I love that you can build up the color, from one swipe to three, can make it look like a completely different and more intense color.

Maybelline Color Whisper in Rose of Attraction
I picked up my fifth Color Whisper in Rose of Attraction (I told you I was obsessed). Here are some close ups and a swatch of Rose of Attraction.

When I put one layer of this on for the first time, it reminded me of the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Sugar Rose Tinted. 

Maybelline Color Whisper in Rose of Attraction.
Top - 1 layer
Middle - 2 layers
Bottom - 3 layers
(As you can see the color changes the more you apply it. You can customize  your own  shade).

6 comments:

  1. I think I have now collected all of the Color Whispers (most on sale) and this is a fave of mine. Its so pretty:) xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know the new lip butters were limited edition! I picked up three of them but I found them in the permanent display at Target. Maybe check there? This color whisper is so pretty! I only have one and I can't decide which of the others I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!! I checked there too and there was nothing. I wonder if they are maybe adding them to the permanent line?

      Rose of Attraction is now one of my favorites because it is so beautiful on. My top T Color Whispers are Lust for Blush, Pink Possibilities and Rose of Attraction. I love them all equally!!

      Delete
  3. I wanna try them, but im not a fan of the packaging. Using the same color lid for all colors is confusing because it makes it look like they are all the same color.

    and i feel like they are just a copy of the lip butters that Revlon came out. But i think i might give them a try !

    appreciate the swatch :) thank you .

    check out my blog ,

    www.shanmarielovesmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you try them you might be surprised. They lids are all different colors and is easy to determine which shade is which. I wasn't the biggest fan of the lip butters because they were too thick for me. Don't get me wrong, I do love my lip butters. However, the Color Whispers are very light, gel like and I like how I can build up the color.

      I say give it a try and see how you like it. Lust for Blush would be a great shade to start with :)


      Delete
  4. This is my favourite lip color at the moment! I am loving it! You don't even really need a mirror to reapply!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete