Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder - Drugstore Dupe


I’m not a fan of discovering or being told about high-end products (that I own) that have a drugstore dupe. It is not that I don’t love finding a deal; I just hate finding it out after I purchased a high-end product, ha ha. Rarely does this happen, but when it does I will be bitter about it for a few days. Well, I have been bitter for a few days about this find.


A few weeks ago, I was watching a Youtube video of a girl who talked about the ELF Complexion Perfection palette. She talked about how she would swirl all four colors together, and then do a light swipe under her eyes to set her concealer. I remembered I had this from over a year ago, but I thought I gave it away. Jump to a few days ago, I was shopping my collection, discovered it and put it aside to use the next day.


On a typical day, I will use the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder under my eyes to set my concealer. I picked this up months ago because I was trying to find the powder Kim Zolciak-Biermann used on an episode of ‘Don’t Be Tardy For The Wedding’. She used a powder under her eyes and made a statement along this lines of  ‘this powder doesn’t crease under my eyes’ and thus begun my search for the product. Many beauty enthusiasts suggested the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder was the product she was referring to. It is a product that is designed to not crease or settle into your fine lines and will help to make the area brighter. It is better than your typical face powders, which can be too heavy for your delicate eye area.

Top: Elf Complexion Perfection - heavy swatch
Bottom: Laura Mercier Secret Brightening power - heavy swatch

Top: Elf Complexion Perfection - blended in
Bottom: Laura Mercier Secret Brightening power - blended in
You really can't tell the difference

The day after I re-discovered the ELF Complexion Perfection palette, I tried it out, swirled all the colors together and did a quick s swipe under one of my eyes. I was amazed that I couldn’t tell a difference between the Laura Mercier and the ELF. To be sure, I applied the Laura Mercier product under the other eye and wore it for the day. By the end of the day, both held up the same, both wore the same and I couldn’t even figure out which eye was which. 

I now prefer the ELF Complexion Perfection palette to the Laura Mercier because I feel the swirl of correcting colors, helps to balance out the discoloration under my eyes.

You can pick up the ELF Complexion Perfection for $3, or spend $22 on the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder. You decide.



Click on the 'Join This Site' button and follow my blog for future posts and giveaways. Once I reach 50+ subscribers, I will be doing a giveaway for my subscribers.
* This will be taking place shortly, I want to have the product in hand that I will be giving away.

1 comment:

  1. Im not big on face powder for my dry skin but products like this always appeal for setting my under eye concealer:) xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete