Sunday, March 17, 2013

Josie Maran Argan Balm - Review



What: Josie Maran Argan Balm
Where: Sephora, QVC, anywhere else the brand is sold
Price: $42.00, 4.6 oz.
Details: I have the mini version that is 1 oz. I purchased this around Christmas time in a kit with other Josie Maran products.

Most people are aware of the lines of products that are focused on infusing oils (Argan, Coconut, Maracuja, etc.) within their products. The reason for the oils is to take an ordinary product and turn it into something that has significant skincare benefits. One line in particular is the Josie Maran line, which uses Argan oil within their line of products.

The past few months, I have been testing out a few products from this line and Argan Balm stood out among the rest. The balm applies clear and leaves your skin/body moisturized without feeling greasy. As per Sephora, this is what they say about the balm:

"Infused with Argan Oil, this deeply moisturizing balm creates a barrier on the skin to seal in hydration, provide protection, and offer nourishment. The fragrance-free, petroleum-free formula leaves the skin soft and supple. Shea Butter and essential oils provide additional moisture. Apply this balm liberally over the body to instantly send relief to rough patches, dry lips, and even frizzy hair."

When this arrived in the kit I ordered, I put this aside because it was not something I thought I would ever use, or ever need to use. During my Atralin mess, my skin was severely dry and everything I used would irritate, my already irritated skin. At this point I was desperate for help, decided I had nothing to lose and used this balm on my face. I fell in love; it provided my face the moisture it needed, without bothering my skin. It felt soothing to my skin, it didn’t burn, make my skin red or cause any negative reaction. I feel that it helped my face and my eye area to heal from the dryness.

What it looks like on the inside. There is a good dip to it, but it is not showing up too well on camera. You don't need much to go a long way. 
I don’t use this everyday anymore, but I do use it anywhere I have dry patches, excessive dryness or if my skin becomes irritated. I have used this on my lips, my face, my eye area, behind my ears, on my heels, my hands, cuticles and my hair. I even used it around my nose, when I had a cold. You really can use it anywhere and it won’t make you feel greasy. I keep this in my purse at all times, because you never know when you will really need it.

My only issue is that I cannot re-purchase this in just the 1 oz. I have to buy the 4.6 oz. version for $42!!!! I would pay that price because I love it so much, but I like the smaller version because I can put it in my purse. Sure, I can take some from the bigger, put it in the little version and be fine. I just think it would be great to market it as an ‘On The Go’ moisturizer, too. I will continue to search for just the mini, if not, I will just write the company about selling this individually, too.

1 comment:

  1. Argan oil is an excellent product.. For this, we find a very high price in the market.

    ReplyDelete