Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss - Review


There have been quite a few people on Youtube who have been raving about the Nivea Lip Butters, so of course I had to try it out for myself. I picked mine up at CVS for $2.99, but I think they were on sale. This comes in a round tin container and requires the use of your fingers to apply. You only need a small amount to saturate your lips with product.



On Nivea’s website, it says the product is “Enriched with Shea Butter and Almond Oil to intensely moisturize and soothe dry lips for long-lasting care. Rich formula melts onto lips providing long-lasting nourishment to make all of your kisses better.” This is one of the few times I can say the description is 100% correct.

When I first applied this, I put it on after my nighttime shower and after I did my skin care routine. I always put on a lip balm after I shower or pretty much whenever my lips are bare. When I came back a short time later to blow dry my hair, I looked into the mirror (forgetting what I put on my lips) and went “WOW.” My lips looked moisturized, soft, there was a beautiful glow to my lips and I was just impressed. I don’t really notice a difference in lip balms, but this lip butter (which does feel like butter on your lips) is truly unique to the drugstore.



There is no color to this specific version in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss, it does leave a hint of a white glow (the best way I can describe it) but it makes your lips look good. 

As I said, I apply this at night and have been using it for over a week now. The weather is changing, my skin is getting dry again, but my lips have not reacted to the change. Normally, my lips get dry and crack, but since I have been using this, my lips have been better than ever. I noticed that this stays on while I sleep and when I wake up; I have a hint of it left on my lips. I think this is the key as to why my lips are not chapped. I wish I had this when the cold weather first started, but I am glad I have it now.



The only downside to the product is you have to use your fingers to apply it. I don’t mind this; in fact, I use what is left on my fingertip and apply it to my cuticles.

I have the scent Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss, but I know they have other version, including a scent free if you prefer it.  I plan on re-purchasing this whenever I run out and I truly hope this is a product that is always available.


Click on the 'Join This Site' button and follow my blog for future posts and giveaways. Once I reach 50+ subscribers, I will be doing a giveaway for my subscribers. 



4 comments:

  1. I've also seen this in many blogs and YouTube videos and I'm glad it's more widely available now because I defnitely want to try it. The Vanilla & Macadamia scent sounds delicious and it I think this product would work similarly to L'Occitane's Pure Shea Butter which does amazing things for my lips.
    P.S. Just sent you a little (or long) email
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This product is good only thing you have to use finger which i dont in-spite of this their other Nivea lip balm available in stick form which much better.
    Cardiac Surgery India

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this but haven't even used it yet hahaha. It's too pretty :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this review...Their is more color available in this lip butter which more attractive ..I have lip balm of Nivea ..and i have very good experience of this balm.
    Joint Replacement India

    ReplyDelete