Friday, January 25, 2013

Wet n' Wild Fergie Eye Shadow in Metropolitan Nights - Review




Wet n’ Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection Photo Op eye shadow in Metropolitan Nights, features five eye shadows for $4.99. I purchased this at Walgreens, but I am sure it is sold wherever Wet N’ Wild products are sold.

I had high expectations for this product because I love all the Wet n’ Wild eye shadows that are currently being sold. They are buttery, pigmented and wear for as long (sometimes longer) than my higher end eye shadows. I have recommended this brand to numerous friends, who have wanted to buy eye shadow, but didn’t want to spend too much money. You do have some fall out with these eye shadows, but the price justifies this small problem.


Looking at the colors in the product and keeping in mind the quality of Wet n’ Wilds products, I thought this would perform equally well; it fell flat with the first swatch on my arm. The buttery texture is not there, the only two colors that are pigmented enough for my liking, are the two black colors. 

I tried wearing this without a primer, with a primer and with the Maybelline Color Tattoo’s. The only way I was able to get it to wear right was with the Maybelline Tattoo’s and I still couldn’t get much pay off with the gold shade.

The gold, bronze and white shades are all too glittery to hold a color on your eyelids. The second you apply the color to your lid, the color just falls off and leaves a slight hint of color.

I have swatched the products below, one without primer, and one with primer. You can tell the difference in a swatch, but it does not transfer well to your eye lid. I did use the most common eye shadow primer and that is the Urban Decay eye shadow primer. The last picture shows the swatches with the primer, after I had little more than gently rubbed off the eye shadows. There was no hint of color leftover for the first three shades, but the last two did stay behind.

Without primer

With Urban Decay eye shadow primer

A little more than gentle brush off and all but two shades are 100% gone.

This was not what I was expecting from this line and from this brand. I will continue to buy eye shadows from Wet N’ Wild, but not from this line of products.


**Please follow my blog on the right, once I hit 50+ followers, I will be doing a giveaway!**

No comments:

Post a Comment