Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Top 12 of 2012 - Cosmetics


Happy New Year to all of my readers! Can you believe it is already 2013? This time last year my husband was getting out of the Navy and we were trying to decide where we wanted to go. I am happy with the way this year has gone and I hope 2013 will be a good year for everyone. I wanted to take a moment and say thank you to all my readers for supporting me this year. If you have not subscribed yet, please subscribe, as it would make my day!



I was watching beauty related videos on YouTube this morning, and noticed many Youtuber’s uploaded a ‘Top 12 of 2012’ of their favorite products. I decided that it was a great idea and I wanted to do it via my blog. The ‘Top 12 of 2012’ is supposed to be tried and true products, new products or re-discovered products. I tried to pick one product from each category, but it was a hard process to pick just one product from my collection. I am including some honorable mentions; they’re products I have used throughout the year and enjoyed, but they were not my first choice.



Face

Foundation: I reviewed this product before and I was not a fan, until I had a major breakout and found it was HG status. The LancĂ´me Teint Idole Ultra 24 HR foundation is one of my favorite foundations because it covers beautifully, does not cake, does not change color, covers redness, does not cling to dry spots, does not break me out and the finish stays the same all day long. This is a foundation I have already re-purchased and will be doing an updated review on.

Powder: This powder I have used all year round because I can apply it lightly to set or heavier for coverage. The LORAC POREfection Baked Perfecting powder feels creamy and does not cling to my dry spots.

Setting Spray: It does what it says, the Urban Decay All Nighter spray sets my makeup and it stays all day (or night).

Concealer: There are many concealers that I love, but this one covers blemishes with ease, blends in fast and stays all day long. The only downside with the Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer is this is the one that has been DISCONTINUED. Estee Lauder re-launched the Double Wear line with a new formula that does not have SPF.

Bronzer: I used different bronzers throughout this year but I keep coming back to Nars Laguna. I like the way it gives my skin just a little bit or color, without looking muddy. Yes, it has shimmer but I seem to like it more than my matte bronzers.

Blush: NYX Summer Peach is the one blush that whenever I wear it, I get compliments on my blush. It is a peachy blush, with shimmer but it has just enough to give your cheeks a beautiful glow.



Eyes

Eye shadow: All year, I have used the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and I cannot think of a week that this was not used once. My three favorite colors in this palette are; Tease, Suspect and YDK.

Eyebrow: I am still on the hunt for the perfect brow pencil or kit but the Benefit brow kit has worked well for me all year. It comes with a wax, a powder and tools to perfect your brows. It works well and has not let me down but I am still looking for my HG product.

Mascara: I have tried different mascara’s during the year but I keep coming back to my L’Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tube mascara. It is the one product that gives my lashes definition, does not smudge and comes off with ease. This mascara does not leave you with raccoon eyes; it comes off like little bits of rubber when you use warm water.

Eyeliner: This is one of my favorite chocolate brown colors, the Urban Decay 24/6 eyeliner in Demolition stays all day, it can be smudged or applied in a thin line. This is one of my favorite colors for my eyes and is less intense than a black liner.



Lips

Lip Gloss: I don’t care too much about lip-glosses but this Smashbox lip-gloss in Afterglow, was a product I have used up and re-purchased. It is a beautiful peachy-pink color that looks great on it’s own or on top of pretty much any lipstick.

Lipstick: Even though Maybelline made this a limited edition lipstick in Nude Nuances, it has been one of my favorite nude lipsticks this year. I wish I purchased more when I had the chance this summer but I hope they re-launch it this summer.


Honorable Mentions

I don’t have much to say about these products, I enjoyed them all and will be re-purchasing them. They’re products I used just as much as the previous products mentioned, but they were my runner-ups.

~Tarte Airblush Maracuja Bouncy Blush in Shimmering Poppy
~Revlon Lip Butter in Cotton Candy
~Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighting Concealer in Radiant


**I might be doing another version of this with skincare or haircare, but I am not sure yet. What are your favorite products of 2012?

3 comments:

  1. I only had NARS Laguna for a little while because someone dropped it and it shattered but I remember I just loved it! Hope you have a great 2013!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, do you have an email address for blog related or more personal questions? I couldn't find one here on the site. Sorry if this is really random!

      Delete
    2. You're fine, it is proudproductjunkie@gmail.com, I should add that to my blog but I just have to get around to it. I have been busy lately that I barely have time to blog or read any blogs.

      I hope you had a great holiday :)

      Delete