Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation - Review




Revlon recently launched a new foundation called the Nearly Naked foundation and I think we can all agree this is Revlon’s attempt at duplicating the Urban Decay Naked foundation (which has been a hit for many). I have tried the Urban Decay foundation, but at that time I didn’t love it because I needed full coverage for my breakouts. I decided it would be a better foundation to re-visit when I had my face under control.



When I was at Ulta a few weeks ago, I showed the bottle of Revlon Nearly Naked to a representative for Urban Decay, she let out a little laugh and what she said following that laugh, I will leave to your imagination. Even though I was a bit skeptical, I decided it wouldn’t harm me to try it and provide my feedback.

Swatches for comparison from left to right:
Revlon PhotoReady in Shella
Revlon Colorstay in Buff
Revlon PhotoReady in Vanilla
Revlon Nearly Naked in Vanilla
Basic Information
-It comes in a bottle with no pump
- 1 fl oz. of product
- Comes in 16 different shades
- Satin Finish
- SPF 20
- Retails for $7.50 at Target, but I have seen it over $10 at other locations.
- There is a powder that goes with it, but I have not tried it.
- My shade is Vanilla; it has more yellow to the foundation and that matches my undertone better. The lightest shade is Ivory and that has pink in it for cool undertones, so I went a step up to Vanilla to better match my skin tone.

I wore this foundation on and off for a few days, I wrote out my thoughts while I wore it and made a pro and con list.

Pro's
- Blends in quick and easy
- Pores are not visible
- Feels light on my skin but covers like a medium coverage foundation
- Buildable without looking cakey
- Covers redness
- Wears for 6-8 hours before it starts to look like you need a touch-up
- Evens out skin tone and looks like your skin but not caked with product
- Doesn’t settle into fine lines.
- Blends in easily with fingers or a brush, a sponge would not work with this thin consistency.
- This did not cause my skin to breakout or have any reaction.
- You will not look greasy or oily with this foundation, but applying a light layer of powder will help it wear longer.



Con's
- Runny when you pour it out, so be careful to not pour it too fast.
- Does dry maybe a half shade darker but I think it is more noticeable on fair skin tones.
- Has a hint of the same odor the Tarte Maracuja foundation, but this is less irritating. I have issues with my cosmetics having a scent to them, or at least a scent that is noticeable.
- If you have dry patches, do not wear this foundation because it will cling to any spot.
- During application, my skin would start to burn/sting (not in an unbearable kind of way), as I would apply this to my skin. I thought it was just my skin being sensitive, but later when I put on a different foundation I did not have that problem. I did notice that every time I put on this foundation, my skin would react this way, but I never noticed redness, a rash or any breakouts from it.


This is the product blended in to my hand, I did leave a harsh line so you could tell the difference.

Final Thought

I do think the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation is a great dupe for the Urban Decay Naked foundation, if you’re on a budget and want some similar aspects of the Urban Decay foundation. However, the UD Naked does not smell or burn my skin during application. I would recommend this for any skin type, just make sure your skin is exfoliated or properly moisturized before application.  I will be wearing this come the warmer months when I want to feel like I am wearing less make-up.

I would give the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation 3.5 stars out of 5, and would recommend this to anyone interested in the UD foundation, but cannot afford the higher price tag. 

Just the little bits...
~ I will be doing a giveaway once I reach 50 subscribers. I have a few things put aside to do a giveaway for my readers. If you haven't started to follow my blog yet, please do because I am excited to giveaway some stuff. 

1 comment: