Monday, January 21, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in Barely Branded


I don’t really have a review on this product today; I have blogged about this line two separate times and will link them below. I try to blog what I like to see on beauty blog’s because whenever I want to research a product, I first want to see the product up close and I want a swatch of the product, too.


I do want to share some swatches of the Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in ‘Barely Branded’. A few months ago, Maybelline launched a line of Color Tattoo’s that were limited edition, one color in particular was ‘Barely Beige’, a product everyone wanted because it was a much cheaper version of MAC Paint Pots in ‘Bare Study’ (or so I was told).

Maybelline launched another line of Color Tattoo’s (not limited edition) and it included ‘Barely Branded’. At first glance, I decided against it because looking at the product, I thought it was ‘Barely Beige’, just with a different name. After watching a few hauls on Youtube, I decided to try and pick it up next time I went out. I found a display at Target, found one ‘Barely Branded’ and it was already opened!! I took a picture of the display, showing two wrappers for the Color Tattoo’s.

See the two wrappers and the 'Barely Branded' to the right was opened and a finger print was in it. GROSS!!
Please, if you open and test a product, buy it or don’t open it!! That is disgusting and ruins the product for everyone else. I have noticed this has happened more at Target than anywhere else, especially with their lipsticks. Check everything before you buy it, especially if it doesn’t have a seal!

Here are pictures of ‘ Barely Beige’ and ‘Barely Branded’ side-by-side and swatched for you. The only difference between the two is the ‘Barely Branded’ is more of a champagne color and the ‘Barely Beige’ is well, more beige. The blog links are below to check out my thoughts on this line.


Left: Barely Beige
Right: Barely Branded

Left: Barely Beige
Right: Barely Branded
Just a swatch of Barely Branded

Link to blog post on Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'Barely Beige'
Link to blog post on Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in 'Inked in Pink'



Please follow my blog (you can do so on the right), if you haven't yet. Once I hit 50 followers, I will be doing a giveaway for those followers!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Color Tattoo shadows. I already had barely beige so I didnt get this one, its beautiful though:)

    Sara x
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete