Saturday, December 29, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in Inked in Pink - Review



During my quick trip into Walgreens, I just happened to pass through the cosmetic’s section and noticed a display for the new Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal collection. There are five shades within this new collection and are priced at $6.99 (at least they were at Walgreens). The new collection as described by Maybelline:

“Cream gel eyeshadows for a long-lasting shimmery metallic shade. 24HR wear, cream gel formula for smooth application.”



I purchased ‘Inked in Pink’ but would like to go back and get ‘Barely Branded’ (a more neutral beige shade). I am terrible at describing colors, so I hope my pictures and swatches can help you determine if the color works for you.


The product is just like the original formula, except it does have shimmer and fewer color options (I hope they add more shades). This is best applied using your ring finger, tapping it gently onto your eyelid. It can crease just a little during your wear time, but not enough to ruin your look. You can sheer it out, build it up, wear it alone or wear it as an eyeshadow base. I like it on its own but I also like it underneath ‘Toasted’ from Urban Decay (within the Naked palette).

Left: Blended in 'Inked in Pink'
Right: Heavy swatch of 'Inked in Pink'

I did try to wash it off my hand and a good amount of product did come off and it left a stain of color behind. I ended up using my eye make-up remover to take it off completely. Even if you wear it alone, it will stay on until you want it to come off.

Click HERE to see all five shades from Maybelline online.


Just the little bits…
*I have a puppy that is not happy with her shot’s from this morning and a 2-day headache that is craving a cup of coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment