Sunday, December 2, 2012

Birchbox November 2012, Goodbye Birchbox and Spending Freeze


Due to flooding in NYC, the November Birchbox was sent out later than normal in November. As most people know, Hurricane Sandy hit the east coast hard and they’re still trying to recover.

When I received my Birchbox, I opened it up and then put it away in a closet. At this point, I had already made my mind up that I was ready to move on from Birchbox.  I have been a loyal Birchbox customer since May 2011 and feel I need a change from Birchbox. I have felt the box has become predictable and I haven’t been consistently impressed like I was in the beginning. I have also felt some of the products are just repeats and nothing new to explore. I have my last box for this year being sent and then I am moving on to a new monthly beauty box service. The new one I should be seeing soon and will share it then. I may go back to Birchbox in the future but for now, it is time for a change.

Don’t get me wrong, I am thankful for Birchbox for introducing me to numerous products I now love and use often. I just feel I have gained as much as I can from Birchbox and it is time to see what else is out there.

Spending Freeze

I will no longer be purchasing beauty products until further notice. We’re in the process of buying a house and I would much rather put excess funds into a house than buy beauty products. I will try to blog more on products I do own and can share with everyone.



1 comment:

  1. I just got my notice that my first Birchbox was shipped. I've seen quite a few places have boxes now though. I just did a monthly subscription, so I may hop around and try a few to see if I like any more than the others.

    ReplyDelete