Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Revlon Super Lustrous in Primrose


One of my favorite lipsticks right now is Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 668 Primrose. This shade is a crème, cool tone, purple -pink that can be worn with a smokey eye or even on a day, when you want to keep everything simple. With a smokey eyes it will look like a simple lip, but then with a simple eye, it will be bold enough to give you color, without looking flashy.



The packaging is a sleek, black tube with gold band around the center. It way seen simple but this simple look allows the product inside to show off. Revlon is good about not being too flashy with their packaging and keeping everything with a classic look (which reminds me a lot of Chanel packaging).

Revlon lipsticks and lip products are one of my favorite brands due to wear, color options and being affordable. This lipstick cost me around $5.49 at Target and most MAC lipsticks are well over $10.00.



On Revlon’s website Revlon's website, this is what they state about the Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks:

- Exclusive LiquiSilk™ formula with mega-moisturizers seals in color and softness

- Silky-smooth, creamy texture

- Stay true color wears evenly

Even though, the lipstick will apply creamy and even feel moisturizing, it will cling to any dry skin on your lips. It is essential to exfoliate your lips with any lipstick that you plan on wearing. You do not want to pay for a lipstick that just makes your lips look bad, regardless of the color.

Swatch

Primrose will wear 2-3 hours on it’s own and you do not need to layer it with a gloss. However, I have been layering it with other nude, pink glosses that I own, and I find it gives me a perfect nude lip. Everyone had their own version of a nude lip, but it is always fun to experiment with different lipsticks with different glosses.

Just a thought

Did anyone else think of Primrose Everdeen from ‘The Hunger Games’ when I mentioned this lipstick?  No? Crickets?? I instantly thought of this picture, I saw it on Pinterest and just had to share.




Just the little bits…
~ I did it; I started a blog on my dogs!! Don’t be a hater!! http://woofingitup.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I have this as well and it's really pretty. Sometimes a bit too cool toned for me to pull it off easily but still a gorgeous color. I didn't think of the Hunger Games because I've had this for years, but I bet I would have if I had gotten it recently. Btw, did you change the background?

    x Coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it can be a bit too cool (depending on the look you're going for) but I have been loving it underneath the Tarte Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss in Blissful. The combination just gives my lips the perfect nude look. I purchased this lipstick before the summer started but didn't really give it much thought until recently. When I was writing up this blog, it just clicked in my head and I couldn't help but share my thought.

    Nope, I haven't changed anything with my background but I am looking to make some changes soon. Thanks for your response :)

    ReplyDelete