Friday, November 9, 2012

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede




Recently, a few girls on Youtube, mentioned that Revlon had launched another new lip product. Being the product junkie that I am, I went out to my local drugstore in search of the new product called, Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede lipstick. This lipstick comes in a variety of 20 shades, is advertised as a lip product that will moisturize, is food proof and you only need to put it on once. I picked up the shade 'Socialite' which is a berry/pink color and is a less dramatic color for my lips. In order to wear this product correctly, you first need to make sure your lips are exfoliated and smooth, otherwise, this product is going to cling to your dry lips (in an unflattering kind of way).



When I first put this product on, it reminded me of the Revlon Lip Butters in the way it applied on smoothly, felt moisturizing and had a lot of pigment in just once swipe. However, the claims of it being food proof (which also mean’s it should be long-wearing) doesn’t include that you need to let the product sit on your lips before you eat. After applying the product, it will seem moisturizing and smooth but it then dries out to a matte finish and it sinks into the little cracks in your lips. We all have these natural cracks but I don’t need a product to emphasize it.



The problem this product has is the way the marketed it. This product is great to stain your lips but after it set’s you’re going to need a gloss or a balm to go on top.

Do my lips feel soft? Yes, they do, I don’t feel like the product is going to dry my lips out.

Do you think it will wear well if you eat food? Yes, I do, I just kissed my hand, while wearing this product and it didn’t move. I then gently rubbed my lips with the back of my hand and nothing came off.

How do you plan on wearing it? I plan on wearing it as a stain and applying a gloss on top of it.

Product swatched with flash

Why do you want a gloss? I want a gloss because I don’t want my lips to feel or look dry. As much as this product doesn’t feel like it is drying, it does set on your lips and I want a more moisturized look.

Then why even bother with the product? I like it because as my gloss wear’s off, this will still be left behind and I won’t feel the need to reapply immediately. I feel that it would work great on a date or a business meeting and you want to still have color on your lips, as you eat or drink.

Would I re-purchase it? No, it was $9.99 at Walgreens and I think that is a little too much for this product. I think this would be great to have if you need it but I wouldn’t run out to get it. I would purchase another shade if there was a good sale or if the price decreased. A ten dollar, drugstore lip product is just too much to spend and I would rather just get a less expensive lipstick.

Product swatched without flash


No comments:

Post a Comment