Friday, November 2, 2012

TRESemme Rejuvenating Mud Masque


During a recent trip to Target, I was on the hunt for a hair mask because I try to do a hair mask once a week, now that my hair is so long; I want to keep it healthy. I didn’t feel like driving to Ulta to get my favorite hair mask, so, I decided to see what Target had to offer. Searching down the hair section, I came across the TRESemme Rejuvenating Mud Masque and became intrigued with what it had promised and tossed it in my cart. As per the jar, it states:

TRESemme Rejuvenating Mud Masque, specially developed with Dead Sea minerals, restores moisture to dry, damaged hair, leaving it 10x stronger after just one use. Enjoy a renewing salon-style treatment with wild flower honey that will replenish for silky strong, healthy looking hair.




CONS

- First, it has a overpowering scent to it and I am not a person who has an issue with scents, ever. If you have any type of allergies, I would steer clear of this product, as it is overpowering during use, but the scent disappears once you rinse it out.

- It is thin like a really cheap conditioner, it does not feel like a mud masque but I want to assume the ingredients are why it is called a mud masque. When I think of a mud masque, I picture something thick, concentrated with ingredients and this did not live up to that expectation.

- I needed a handful of product, plus another smaller handful, just to have enough for all of my hair. It was not easy to work through my hair (like other masks have been, this is less concentrated). With the amount I needed to use, I would go through this faster, than if I had spent a few dollars more on a better, more concentrated product.

- When I rinsed it out, I expected my hair to feel like it does after any other treatment (soft, luxurious) but it didn’t feel like I did anything special to my hair. I thought that maybe the benefits are truly shown when my hair was dried.

- The product ended up making my hair feel dry, dull and it was the opposite of what a hair mask should do. I did not use any other new products, I styled my hair as normal but it felt like it worked against my hair.

What the product looks like in the jar.

PRO

- The price point is great ($4 - $4.50)
- The amount of product 8oz



FINAL THOUGHTS

Do not waste your money on this product, I have normal to dry hair and this did nothing but make my hair dry. Maybe you might have better luck with this product than I did, but if you do, please let me know.



Just the little bits...
# Day 2 - I am thankful for my husband, Travis. He is such a good man, he is my best friend, he is always supportive and understanding. He makes our future a priority, he is constantly learning and would rather learn something new than play a video game. He inspires me to be the best version of who I can be because he is always telling me I can do anything I put my time and energy into. I am thankful for this man, for all of these reasons and many more.
# We ended up at Walmart today (needed a box fan) and I was shocked to see more than TWO registers open. Who knew it was possible? lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment