Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige



I feel horrible for blogging about this limited edition product from Maybelline so late, but if you can still get your hands on it, get it! Maybelline is infamous for releasing limited edition products that end up being so fabulous, that it should be added to their permanent collection (Example: Nude Nuances lipstick).

Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'Barely Beige'

Maybelline launched limited edition 24hr color tattoos this fall; one color in particular is ‘Barely Beige’. If you are new to this product, the ‘Maybelline Color Tattoo’ is a cream-gel eye shadow, that promises a wear time of 24 hours. Nothing does wear for 24 hours (the crazy time frame is getting out of hand) but if you read in-between the extreme promise of 24 hour wear, it is basically offering you a longwearing product. Typically, a longwearing product should last through an entire workday and this fit’s the bill.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'Barely Beige'

The reason this is such a hit is it is being compared to the MAC paint pots in ‘Bare Study’ (a product I do not own) and a much cheaper version at that. This product can be used all over the lid for a primer, an eye shadow or in the corner of your eye to brighten your eye up. I typically use it for all three, it just depends on what look I am going for that day. I love it as an all over eye shadow, especially on days I do not want to do much with my eyes.  You can apply a thin layer for slight color/sparkle, or apply it heavier for a more rich color with sparkle.

Check your local drug stores, they may still have some left, I found one Walgreens to have a full stock of the product, where as another was 100% sold out.  An Associate at Walgreens (at the sold-out store) said that someone came in the day they launched and purchased every new color. That does seem a bit un-fair to me but they don’t control the amount a person can buy. When I found the full stock of the new ‘Color Tattoos’, there were two ‘Barely Beiges’ and I only purchased the one. I left the other one, came back a week later and purchased the last one I left behind. I was trying to give someone else the chance to get it, but after a week, I figured I might as well get it.


Here are the swatches...

Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'Barely Beige'
Natural light with no flash
Left: 'Barely Beige' thin layer, blended in
Right: 'Barely Beige' thick layer, not blended in

Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'Barely Beige'
Camera shot with flash
Left: 'Barely Beige' thin layer, blended in
Right: 'Barely Beige' thick layer, not blended in



Just the little bits...
#Face is still peeling today
#Writing this blog and watching last night's 'Gossip Girl', gosh, I have missed this show!!
#After watching 'Gossip Girl' I have a lot to get done today but I need to get to cooking before I do anything else. I bake my own dog treats and they have been out for about a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment