Friday, June 1, 2012

Sonia Kashuk Concealer Palette in Hidden Agenda


I am a little late jumping on the boat for this concealer palette but I don’t really care, it is new to me and I want to share.

What: Sonia Kashuk Concealer Palette in Hidden Agenda
Where: Target
Price: $10.49
Product: Two concealer shades, one neutralizer and one translucent powder
Perk: Made in the USA!!!




Everyone has been raving about this concealer palette but for the last three, (yes I said three) months my local Target has been out-of-stock. Sure, I could have traveled around to different Target’s for it but I really didn’t care that much, ha ha. I figured it would be in stock at some point and I would snatch it up then.

This Saturday, I went to Target and low and behold, they finally had it!! I snatched it up, excited to finally try it and immediately thought to myself “watch, it is going to be terrible after all this anticipation”.



I opened it in my car and applied it under my eyes and was shocked by the light texture but the full coverage it provided under my eyes. The palette comes with a light shade, a darker shade, a neutralizer and a translucent powder to set your concealer. This is a one size fits all palette, as it is designed to allow the user to mix the lighter and darker shade together to create your perfect shade for your skin tone. 

The neutralizer is used to combat extremely dark circles, bruising and redness. I haven’t needed to use it but from my swatch, I can tell it has a great yellow undertone, which would be perfect to combat those sleepless nights that creep up on us.

Swatches from palette, left to right, up and down.

Final Thoughts

Would I re-purchase this? Yes. You’re getting four products for the price of $10.49, you’re getting the luxury of making your own customizable shade, a neutralizer and a powder. The product provides a good coverage, is lightweight, not sticky, doesn’t settle into fine lines and is universally friendly. The finish is a natural looking coverage but if you do layer it too much (like any product), it will start to look cakey. Less is more with this product, start off with a little bit and build the coverage, as you need.

I also love the fact it has a magnetic closure because it seals the product to prevent it from drying out.


Just the little bits...
~ Purchased the Milani Liquif'eye liner and it does seem similar to the YSL waterproof eyeliner
~ It is 100 degrees at this moment and climbing
~ I am loving black tea at the moment and eating clean (even though it can be difficult).
~ My dogs are asleep on my couch and the adjacent to the couch. Don't they sleep at night?
~ They sleep until mid afternoon and then run around crazy for the rest of the day.
~ The re-make of Footloose was shockingly good (re-makes are never as good as the original). It incorporated all the aspects of the original that made it a hit and was still able to give a updated spin to it. I just wanted to mention it because I have been watching ti a lot lately, ha ha.
~ Lately I have been reading more than watching TV (granted we don't have cable) but I would rather read than watch a a TV show (thanks ABC for canceling two of my favorite shows, Desperate Housewives and GCB).


No comments:

Post a Comment