Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sample Society with Allure


I had other things I planned on doing at this moment (I finally have the car to run errands) but the UPS man just delivered my Sample Society box.



What is Sample Society?
Sample Society is another monthly subscription beauty sample box. They send you 5 deluxe sized samples from luxury brands to try each month. Sample Society is on BeautyBar and they are teamed up with Allure.

What does it cost?
It costs $15 a month for the box

Are there any perks?
Yes. Every box you receive, they give you a code for $15 off $50 purchase but there is a catch. You have to purchase a full size product from the products you sampled, in order for the discount to apply to your overall purchase.

You also get a yearly subscription to Allure Magazine.


Samples in my Sample Society box

* Jane Iredale – Just Kissed Lip Plumper
* Oscar De La Renta – Live in Love perfume - .1fl. oz.
* Alterna – Boho Waves Texture Mist – 0.85 fl. oz
* Caudalie – Premier Cru Eye Cream
* Murad – Clarifying Cleanser 2 fl. oz.


I love this mini perfume bottle. It goes great with my collection.


My thoughts on Sample Society
I do not love the whole $15 off $50 purchase because when do you ever just spend $50; you always end up spending more because you think you’re getting a discount. No matter what, you’re not saving if you are still spending. Truth.

The box itself was filled with an impressive amount of products and the sample sizes are large enough to be worth my $15. However, I have tried 3/5 products before but the size of the cleanser and the size of the perfume sample, will keep me interested for another month.

I made myself a promise to only have two monthly sample boxes but I might just change that to three. I have already cancelled My Glam and Look Bag because they just weren’t worth it enough for me. I had intended on cancelling Sample Society but I am interested to see what next month will bring and then I will make my decision.

Just the little bits…
# I just paid all our bills and I need to go to the grocery store. I don’t mind shopping but I hate lugging it all into the house and up the stairs. I am always worried I will drop something and it will break all over my carpet.
# I have been on Twitter a lot more lately.
# I have zero intention of going outside at all until it is cooler and that is the real reason I don’t want to go to the grocery store.
# I think I am the only person excited about the Kardashian’s coming out with a cosmetic line.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment