Friday, March 9, 2012

Face & Body new and useful products


We arrived at our new Townhome on Sunday and our things do not arrive until this coming Monday. Do you know what that means? I can blog about all the new things I have tried and bought! YAY!

I thought I had a lot more (okay, this is going to seem like a lot to some) but I realized I LOST my BRAND NEW Chanel lip gloss during this move! I think I wore it once and I don’t want to spend the money on a second one (principal of it all). The funny thing is, I know the second I buy another one, I will stumble across my MIA one.

Anyways, first blog is going to me about my new skincare/body products. As some of my friends know, I have sensitive, dry/combination skin and I have psoriasis that flares up once or twice a year. Not to mention, I am very prone to cystic acne (the worst kind of acne you can get, well, that is what everyone says). Moving to Nevada, the air has sucked every ounce of moisture out of my body and my face has broken out, needless to say, I am not attractive right now, ha ha. The following are some products that are new/have been used, that are helping me survive my first week here, without moving my residence to a permanent bubble.


Left to right up & down

REN- Rose O12 Moisture Defence Serum
Purchased at Sephora with the assistance of a REN Rep. The rep actually gave me a ton of samples of the line and assured me that this serum would help fix the dryness on my face. Sure enough, she was right and I immediately ordered my own bottle from Sephora. Without this bottle, I would wake up everyday with flakey skin. *Note, I only use this as night as it is expensive. 
Purchased at Sephora for $80 (I think)

Vaseline Total Moisture Cocoa Radiant 
As stated, my skin is dry, dry and DRY, this lotion helps put the moisture back into my skin and helps it stay for hours on end. TMI, it even works on the bottom of my feet!  I especially love it because of the cocoa butter. 
Purchased at Target  for $2.99, not a bad deal if you ask me!

Aveeno Positively Nourishing Antioxidant Infused body wash in white peach & ginger 
The jury is still out on this, I just bought it yesterday to replace the Dove body bar I was using. The body bar was too drying for my skin and looked for something more nourishing to replace it. So far, I like the scent and the way it feels on my skin, however, my husband hates the scent. Although, he hates anything that has a fruity or overpowering smell to it, so, his opinion is void on it, ha ha. 
Purchased at Target, $6.99

Estee Lauder Nutritious Purifying 2-in-1 foam cleanser
Again, the jury is still out on this product too. I purchased this two weeks ago from Nordstrom after talking to a sales associate about looking for a new cleanser. I was running out of my Philosophy Purity cleanser and wanted to try something new. She told me she used this and it help to remove all her make-up and clear her skin. Bold statement and a lot of promised but I decided to purchase it (actually I was returning some products and just exchanged it out for this).  I will say it has a strong scent to it but it hasn’t irritated my skin during the morning or night. If you use apply this product dry to your bare skin and put it on your face, it forms into a nice 5-minute mask. As far as removing make-up, I would give it a rating of 8 out of 10, it still leaves some make-up behind but nothing is perfect.
Purchased at Nordstrom, $20

Origins Clear Improvement
I really enjoy this product and it does everything it claims to do! I use this weekly and you can clearly see the difference in your pores after you use it. It is almost like you’re using a Biore strip all over your face. Although, it doesn’t get rid of acne, it just clears your face of all the junk that builds up in your pores.
Purchased at Sephora, $22.

Befine Food Skincare Eye Brightening Treatment
This was just purchased yesterday at Ulta (my first time ever) and it was on clearance for $10. I like the light feel of it but I feel it is too light to be used as an eye treatment. We will see how it works for the next few weeks.
Purchased at Ulta, $10.

Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil
I’m not even surprised that I love this product because I already use the Organix Shampoo & Conditioner that contains Argan oil. This product does everything it states; you can use it on your skin, hands, hair or anywhere you have skin that needs extra help. I used it on my cuticles the other day and it took care of the dryness, without the greasy feeling. I use this on my face in the morning because it soaks right it and it is light enough to use under make-up.
Purchased at Sephora, $14.

Zapzyt 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Gel
Let me be clear, this is not an everyday solution, I purchased this due to the large, cystic lump on the side of my nose and I needed help asap. The difference between this and other over-the-counter 10% cream’s is this has a lighter, gel texture and it is a little gritty when you put it on. I can’t explain why or how but it works better than Clean & Clear and you have less effects of Benzoyl Peroxide (less tightening of the skin and drying, note the word LESS not NONE). It shrunk the lump and it was gone within a day, this is my go to emergency cream now.
Purchased at Walgreen for $5.99.

I did order a kit recently that will be here Monday; I will talk about that once I start it.

No comments:

Post a Comment